Friday, December 25, 2015

The Last Day...

Today a thought came to my mind whilst I was in the hospital: "If today was the last day of my life, would I be content with the way I am living my life?"

The answer was "NO" was obvious, but I had never thought about it; I was too busy worrying about the future to care about the current moment.

I had convinced myself that even if I was not satisfied with the live I am living now, it did not matter, because a day would come where it would all be worth it... but if that day never came? If my life ended now, what difference would the future make?

Realizing that I could no longer live in the same situation, I took a decision that it was time for me to get out of the environment I was in and live a more fulfilling life; one that has more meaning.

I left independence behind and went back to live my parents; I left a job with a stable income when I had not secured another job and still have not; I left my students who were my motivation for getting out of bed on the hardest days; I left a city which I loved and a sea that brought me inner peace.

Some people told me to stay for the money, but if it were my last day, money will not do me good. Others told me to stay until I secured another job, but again, if it were my last day, would good would having a job do?


My health has improved immensely ever since, but I long for the day I will be reunited with the sea...

Displaying 20151016_222536.jpg