Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Why am I Still Single?

About a year ago, I posted an entry about why I am single and the traits of a guy I would be willing to give up my single life for : (http://lamaobeid.blogspot.com/2014/12/why-i-am-single.html) . I had included 10 traits, but as I get older and hopefully, wiser, I add to my list what traits I am looking for in a lifelong partner. In the Arab world, society expects women to have less expectations as they grow older and to settle for less as there is an Arabic proverb that say: ظل رجل ولا ظل حيط  which translates into : the shadow of a man is better than the shadow of a wall; any man is better than no man. But we all not that the shadow of the wall is better than the shadow of a lousy man.

Clarifying that we should not settle for lousy men, this is my list of expectations from a male partner:

1- Patience and understanding;
2- Respectful of different opinions and points of view;
3- Respectful to other people and cultures;
4- Respectful to people of different social classes;
5- Carries out his duties in the household;
6- Will be active in parenting;
7- Fun and spontaneous;
8- Treats his mother and sisters well;
9- Generous and thoughtful;
10- Has dreams and work towards achieving them.


These of course do not cross out the ones from last year, but I feel that these are more important to me now and those are merely secondary. Wait for part 3 next year if I am still single, if I am not, the post will be titled "Why am I not Still Single?", and hopefully the answer won't be : because I'm an idiot.

P.S. He can't be a capitalist! And he should be a good listener! Being able to cook would be a plus!