Saturday, January 2, 2016

2016

Image result for 20162015 has passed and become no more than memories some that we will try to forget and others that we will hold on to and cherish. I am not really a believer that dates change a person's life; they are merely there to record our memories in a timely fashion creating for ourselves a cohesive timeline although not always coherent. There were an array of different memories for me in 2015, but to be honest, I could not wait for it to be over, because even though, I do not believe that dates change our lives, but I just felt that too much has happened in 2015 for me to be able to classify it as a great year.

I no longer mind that 2015 was a very chaotic year for me, for I am going to take it as my step-stone year; the year that will give me the strength to deal with the upcoming years. Sometimes, I wish that things were a bit more clear and cut-out and I knew exactly where I am heading in life, but maybe that is not for me. Every time, I almost reach stability and routine, I give it all up and move or quit my job or both. I currently do not mind living the life of a nomad, but for how long?

2016 has begun and I do not know where I am heading. Well, I have an idea of where I would like to be, but there are still a few more stepping stones to get there. I constantly check my e-mail hoping to get a job offer or anything that will help me feel that I have a purpose in this life. I know that I must be more proactive than merely responding to job adverts for the largest part of the day. It may seem like the best thing to do for the first month of being unemployed, but now it seems pretty useless after sending out 100s of applications and only being invited to interview for 3 positions and being offered the position that you initially were not interested in.

Just because this year is beginning on a low note for me does not mean that it will be a useless year. Runners begin at a slow pace then begin accelerating towards the end. I promise myself that I will not let myself down this year. I wish everyone a happy peaceful year.