Sunday, February 5, 2017

The Girl with the Loud Laugh -Part II

This post is part two of the following short story: http://lamaobeid.blogspot.com/2016/05/the-girl-with-loud-laugh-part-i.html


Image result for couple at coffee shopAs they walked into a coffee shop he began having second thoughts: "What am I doing? I should go back to the library and study. I don't even know who this girl is. How..." but his thoughts were soon interrupted, "Hello?! Do you even live in this world?" She looked at him and was amused by how taken aback she was and she began laughing again and people at the coffee shop glanced their way. "Can you stop laughing so loudly?" he said and sat down not wanting to get any more unwanted attention from the crowd. "Why he is cute and serious." she said and as he blushed she could not help but to laugh out loud again. "I need to go," he said gathering his belongings "I would rather continue studying to achieve my lifelong goals than to waste time with a silly girl like you." "You are not going anywhere before I get your number." She replied. He was so struck by her boldness that he just stared at her.

"Who are you and what do you want from me?" he asked. "I like you and I have been observing you on campus for a while. After, I made sure you were single and the only action you are getting in your bedroom are the chemical reactions in those books, I decided it was finally time for us to meet." He observed her more closely, she was pretty and had nice eyes. He could not help but noticing that her skin tone was too dark for his liking, but did not give it too much thought at the time.

That day they left the coffee shop each of them with a new contact registered on their phone. They smiled and parted ways before going back on campus.

Image result for college campus friends
His friends noticed him walking in and they went up to him: "Where has lover boy been?" they taunted. "I was studying at the coffee shop." he lied hoping they would buy into it. "All alone?" they asked, but before he could open his mouth to reply, someone else did: "He was with me." He turned around to see the girl with a loud laugh who was there laughing at his friends astonished faces. "Who are you?" one of his friends asked. "I am his girlfriend. We are together. I have to get to class, but I will happy to meet you all later." she said as she walked away. "Wow, I cannot believe she chose a nerd." one of his friends retorted. " I bet she is using you to get to me." another one of his friends chimed in. "You guys can have her. I cannot even stand her laugh." he said as he stomped away angry that she had embarrassed him in front of his friends this way.

Image result for texting in bedThat night as he lay in his bed, he grabbed his phone and texted her angrily: "Stay out of my life." his phone buzzed a while later and the message on her screen read: " I am your life, without me you are nothing." "No, with you, I am nothing." he replied then turned off the lights to go to sleep. An hour later he was awakened with a buzz, he fidgeted until he found his phone and read the message: "Your friend was cute, send me his number?" this girl is crazy he thought to himself. "Goodnight!" he texted back. "But you're cuter :)" she replied. "I have an exam, we will continue this aimless conversation tomorrow." he replied. "A date?" she replied. "Whatever" he said and turned off his phone.

"Why is she so interested in me?" he thought to himself "no girl on campus was ever interested in me, after all, I'm just a nerd. She probably wants my help in an assignment. but she isn't in any of my classes. Who is she?" he thought before he finally drifted off to sleep.

What will happen next? Stayed tuned for Part III